The Bridge Builders Leadership Board is a committed group of dedicated, hard-working and creative youth leaders who make change in the Greater Memphis community. Members of the Bridge Builders Leadership Board work with BRIDGES staff, community leaders, and other youth to gather information, educate others, build commitment, promote BRIDGES and serve as a youth voice.
The Bridge Builders Leadership Board is the student body government of Bridge Builders. All 7th-12th grade COLLABORATE students have the opportunity to apply for one of the 20 seats on the board. Members work as both student ambassadors and event planners. Every year, the students on the Leadership Board:
- Public Speaking: Serve as a student ambassador at BRIDGES, your school, and community events
- Student Recruiter: Create and implement recruitment strategies for your school
- Social Media Guru: Develop marketing and social media tactics that help us reach more students
- Curriculum Development: Plan and facilitate conversations on “Hot Topics”
- Event Planning: Plan and execute large-scale events
- Meet for at least six hours every month
Who is the ideal candidate for the Leadership Board?
A 7th-12th grader who loves Bridge Builders and wants to influence our programming and help recruit more students for the program. The Leadership Board is a major responsibility! The ideal student will have the time and transportation to be an active participant of the board and will communicate with their peers and staff leader reliably and frequently.
Please complete the full application with your essays and 2 letters of recommendation attached to the application before 5:00pm Sunday, July 30th, 2017. No late/ incomplete applications will be accepted.
Please complete the below application. Once you start you must finish. It can not be saved to complete at a later date or time.