The BRIDGES Endowment
In December of 2010, BRIDGES was presented a $10 million matching challenge by an anonymous donor to establish a $20 million endowment.
On Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016, BRIDGES observed National Philanthropy Day with an event celebrating the conclusion of a six-year campaign. The fund now provides $1 million per year in annual operating revenue to ensure the endurance of one of Memphis’ most unique and respected non-profit organizations.
Thank you to our amazing endowment supporters!
Your investment strengthens Memphis and honors a great Memphian
BRIDGES President and CEO Jim Boyd retired at the end of 2011 after nearly two decades of leadership. In honor of his lasting contribution to build BRIDGES for our city’s youth, we’ve created an enduring fund bearing his name and securing the future of the organization he helped build. Upon achieving our challenge goal of $10 million in 2016, we renamed our facility the Jim Boyd BRIDGES Center.
We may have accomplished our initial match goal, but it doesn’t end there. Ongoing gifts to the BRIDGES endowment fund will:
- Ensure ensure the endurance of the life-changing Bridge Builders experience for generations to come.
- Grow our operational capacity to ensure high-quality implementation and further our impact on students.
- Expand our reach, broadening and deepening our partnerships with schools to ensure diverse participants in all classes.
- Advance our research and evaluation, which will assist us in tracking the long term impact on our graduates, coordinate with existing city-wide collective impact initiatives and then share our knowledge with leaders both locally and nationally.
- Maintain our distinct experiential approach, which requires strong professional leadership and management of the Jim Boyd BRIDGES Center facilities.