What is the YAC?
The BRIDGES Youth Action Center (YAC) is a community hub designed to activate and amplify youth voice by creating authentic youth-adult partnerships and providing space, resources and access for inventive, youth-first programming.
- Provide a physical space for youth activation, organizing and engagement.
- Position youth voice as a valuable resource and integral part of decision-making.
- Provide training for organizations seeking to incorporate youth insight authentically.
- Create meaningful partnerships with like-minded community organizations.
Partner with the YAC
Youth voice is a vastly untapped resource in Memphis, the Mid-South and across our country. Because young people bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to old problems, organizations of all kinds can benefit by utilizing their insight. The young leaders accessing the YAC today are tomorrow’s educators, entrepreneurs and political leaders. Your support ensures competent, equitable minds are shaping the future of our communities and institutions.
Don’t have much experience collaborating with young people? Don’t worry. The YAC has the tools and training to help your organization forge meaningful partnerships with long-term impact.
Ready to get started?
FILL OUT A YAC PARTNER INTEREST FORM
For additional information, contact:
- Tosca Nance-Jones, Vice President of Community Engagement (email@example.com)
- Melissa Whitby, Vice President of Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mahal Burr, Youth Action Center Director (email@example.com)
YAC Partner Organizations
- Memphis Public Libraries
- Stand For Children TN
- Seeding Success
- Blue Meridian Partners
- Annie E. Casey — Evidence2Success
- Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis
BRIDGES would like to acknowledge the generous support of The Annie E. Casey Foundation, Plough Foundation, Kresge Foundation and Memphis Library Foundation in making this work possible.