In addition to our three levels of Bridge Builders programming, BRIDGES exists as a resource to connect youth with a range of leadership opportunities across the greater Memphis area. While some require participation in Bridge Builders as a prerequisite, others are open to all local youth.
Keep reading to learn more about these programs.
FOR ALL SHELBY COUNTY YOUTH
Shelby County Youth Council
The SCYC is designed to work in partnership with Shelby County’s mayor and commissioners to ensure that youth serve as key partners in making decisions that affect young people across our community.
- Open to all Shelby County youth in grades 9-12.
- CLOSED for the 2021- 22 year. We look forward to you applying next year.
FOR BRIDGE BUILDERS
BRIDGES Youth Advisory Board
The YAB strengthens and upholds the vision and mission of BRIDGES and provides insight, shares decision-making responsibilities, and increases youth voice within the organization as a whole.
- Open to currently enrolled Bridge Builders in grades 8-12 who’ve already completed at least one full year of BB COLLABORATE.
- The deadline is Friday, August 13th, 2021
Bridge Builders COLLABORATE Leadership Council
The BBCLC focuses directly on BRIDGES’ second level of youth programming to improve program design and development, recruitment, event planning, and facilitation.
- Open to currently enrolled Bridge Builders in grades 7-12.
- CLOSED for this school year