The Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital “Be Proud! Be Responsible!” Youth Advisory Council is a group of dedicated and hardworking youth leaders focused on raising youth awareness of teen health issues across the Greater Memphis area.
The 2019-20 Be Proud! Be Responsible! YAC will:
- Engage youth in leadership and skill-building activities.
- Provide youth-focused guidance and feedback to Le Bonheur’s Be Proud! Be Responsible! team regarding safe sex campaigns and a youth-friendly clinic initiative.
- Serve as peer health advocates in their schools and communities.
- Mobilize youth to raise awareness of issues regarding reproductive health and teens in Memphis.
Benefits of serving on the Be Proud! Be Responsible! YAC:
- Gain valuable, in-depth leadership experience by being a part of a small team of other dedicated youth and Le Bonheur staff.
- Receive free training and develop valuable organizational and research skills that will help you be successful in college and career.
- Meet and interact with community leaders active in reproductive health and community change.
- Earn a stipend upon successful completion of each semester (December and May) of service on the YAC.
- Have fun!
Requirements for Be Proud! Be Responsible! YAC:
- Working diligently at BRIDGES for a minimum of 3 hours per month (dates and times TBD) and 2 hours per week outside of the monthly meeting time.
- Be available for one-on-one check-ins with the Youth Advisory Council Coordinator.
- Willingness to make Be Proud! Be Responsible! Youth Advisory Council a high extra-curricular priority.
- Assist with facilitating BRIDGES + Be Proud! Community Action Events (December 2019 and February 2020).
- Be Reliable: Having adult support and monthly transportation to the meetings is a requirement.
- Be Respectful: Recognize that everyone comes from a different place, and they all bring vast amounts of experience and wisdom with them.
- Be Available: Students are allowed one absence per semester. More than one absence per semester will result in dismissal from the Youth Advisory Council. Two tardies (more than 15 minutes late to a meeting, or leaving a meeting early) will count as one absence. *We understand life happens, but please try to be punctual. Dismissal will be up to the discretion of the Coordinator and Be Proud! Be Responsible! staff members.
Sorry, the application deadline for the 2019-20 BPBR Council was August 9, 2019. Please check back again next year!