Become A Bridge Builders CHANGE Fellow
Starting in late July and ending in mid-May, CHANGE Fellows design, implement and evaluate a year-long community action project around the issues that affect youth in Memphis.
Requirements For Bridge Builders CHANGE Youth Organizers:
- Will be in 9th-12th grade in 2018-2019 school year.
- Will be at least 14 years old by Nov. 1, 2018 (Child Labor Laws requirement).
- Have completed 1 full year of Bridge Builders COLLABORATE and plan to attend a Bridge Builders Summer Conference in summer 2018.
- Will attend an overnight Leadership Institute on July 30-August 3, 2018.
- Will work diligently at BRIDGES for a minimum of 6 hours per week (3 hours on Tuesday or Thursday and 3 hours every Saturday from Aug. 2018 – May 2019)
- Be passionate and committed to youth-led community change on your issue.
- Will make Bridge Builders CHANGE a priority, ahead of other extracurricular activities, second only to school.
The Benefits Of BB CHANGE For YOU:
- Gain valuable in-depth leadership experience.
- Be a part of a small team of other dedicated youth and BRIDGES staff.
- Receive free training and travel related to Bridge Builders CHANGE.
- Paid fellowship at the BRIDGES Center.
- Develop valuable organization and research skills that will help you be successful in college and career.
- HAVE SERIOUS FUN!
What Makes A Good Applicant?
- Leadership potential: Must be willing to try new things, work hard, learn a lot, and take healthy risks.
- An active team member: Must work well with other youth and BRIDGES staff.
- Responsibility: Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and communicate clearly.
- Reliability: Must show up on-time, every week, ready to work with the team.
Questions? Email Bridge Builders CHANGE coordinator Mahal Burr or call 901-260-3788.
All applications will be read by the current CHANGE cohort members who will be selecting the next CHANGE cohort.