Applications for the 2021-2022 Bridge Builders CHANGE year are CLOSED!
PLEASE NOTE: If BRIDGES is unable to hold in-person Summer Conference sessions in 2021 due to COVID-19, sessions will be held virtually using Zoom. Click here to learn more about BRIDGES’ COVID-19 response.
Become A Bridge Builders CHANGE Fellow
Starting in late July and ending in mid-April, CHANGE Fellows design, implement and evaluate a year-long community action project around the issues that affect youth in Memphis.
Requirements For Bridge Builders CHANGE Youth Organizers:
- Will be in 8th-12th grade in 2021-2022 school year.
- Have completed 1 full year of Bridge Builders COLLABORATE and plan to attend a Bridge Builders Summer Conference in summer 2021.
- Will attend an overnight Leadership Institute (TENTATIVELY Monday, August 2 -Friday, August 6.)
- Will work diligently at BRIDGES for a minimum of 6 hours per week (3 hours on Tuesday and Thursday, Aug. 2021 – April 2022)
- Be passionate and committed to youth-led community change on your issue.
- Will make Bridge Builders CHANGE a priority, ahead of other extracurricular activities, second only to school.
The Benefits Of BB CHANGE For YOU:
- Gain valuable in-depth leadership experience.
- Be a part of a small team of other dedicated youth and BRIDGES staff.
- Receive free training and travel related to Bridge Builders CHANGE.
- Paid fellowship at the BRIDGES Center.
- Develop valuable organization and research skills that will help you be successful in college and career.
- HAVE SERIOUS FUN!
What Makes A Good Applicant?
- Leadership potential: Must be willing to try new things, work hard, learn a lot, and take healthy risks.
- An active team member: Must work well with other youth and BRIDGES staff.
- Responsibility: Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and communicate clearly.
- Reliability: Must show up on-time, every week, ready to work with the team.
Questions? Email Danyelle Norment call 901-452-5600