The Bridge Builders Leadership Council is a committed group of dedicated, hard-working and creative youth leaders who make change in the Greater Memphis community.
The Bridge Builders Leadership Council is a group of COLLABORATE level Bridge Builders from 7th-12th grade. COLLABORATE students have the opportunity to apply for one of the 15 seats on the council. Members of the Bridge Builders Leadership Council work with BRIDGES staff, community leaders, and other youth to gather information, educate others, build commitment, promote BRIDGES and serve as a youth voice. Members work as both student ambassadors and event planners. Every year, the students on the Leadership Council are asked to do the following during the year:
- Public Speaking: Serve as a student ambassador at BRIDGES, your school, and community events
- Student Recruiter: Create and implement recruitment strategies for your school
- Social Media Guru: Develop marketing and social media tactics that help us reach more students
- Facilitate: Work monthly trainings with other Bridge Builders
- Curriculum Development: Plan and facilitate conversations on “Hot Topics”
- Meet for at least six hours every month
If you are interested in being on the council for the 2018 – 2019 school year the application is below. The deadline to apply is Thursday August 9th by 5pm.